Connected to a wireless network, but cannot connect to work VPN or server?Posted on 1 August 2023 by Beaming Support
Being connected to a wireless network does not necessarily mean you have internet connectivity.
Wireless networks originate from one or more ‘Access Points’, which at home are often built in to your internet router. Your device might say ‘connected to the Wireless network’, even if there is no internet connection from your router.
How to check if you are connected to the internet:
- On Windows devices, left click the wireless icon in the task tray down by the clock, if there is no internet it will say: ‘connected with limited connectivity or no internet.’
- Open a web browser and try various websites. Some browsers will ‘cache’ the last session of the website, so make sure you try a number of different sites.
- If you have more than one device connected to the wireless network, check if they are all having issues browsing the internet.
What to do if you cannot browse websites, or connect to a work VPN or server.
- Reboot the internet router, and allow time for the router to reboot and to connect to the internet.
- If there is still no internet, call your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and report the outage.
What does USB stand for?
The Universal Serial Bus was first introduced in 1996 – here’s everything you need to know about it
5G vs fibre – which option is best for business?
5G and fibre both allow for connection to the internet – but which one is faster, and which is the best option for businesses?
We’re Beaming, a specialist internet service provider (ISP) for businesses. We’ve been helping organisations across the UK with fast, reliable, and secure voice and data connectivity, as well as managed services, since 2004.
From the resilient and secure network we’ve built, to the choice of tailormade products all supplied with expert service, we provide peace of mind that businesses require.
We know that your business is unique, so we take the time to get to know you and your specific needs. If you’re looking for a reliable ISP for your business, we’d love to chat.