Outlook closes when I open a calendar invitePosted on 18 January 2021 by Beaming Support
With so many virtual meetings happening at the moment, you probably receive a lot of calendar invites. Some users have experienced a problem where Outlook closes when they open a calendar invite.
This is a frustrating problem when you want to reply to the invitation, but we’ve got a step by step fix to help if Outlook keeps crashing when you receive a calendar invitation.
- First you need to open Outlook again if it closed because of the calendar event.
- Go to the top left-hand corner of the screen and click file.
- Choose options, then Add-ins.
- You’ll see a list, choose Teams add-in for Outlook.
- Once you have done that make sure at the bottom of this window it says COM Add-ins and click
- Uncheck “Teams add-in for outlook” and click Ok.
Now you should be able to open that calendar invite without it closing.
More support for Outlook
Outlook hyperlink issues
Here’s how to get your Outlook hyperlinks to open in your default browser, instead of Edge.
How to check when a calendar entry was created
Follow our step-by-step guide to see the time and date a calendar entry was added on Outlook.