How long does a broadband installation take?Posted on 4 June 2018 by Beaming Support
Installing a new telephone line, broadband connection or even just adding a feature onto your telephone can be disruptive to your business if the process is not well timed.
It can be useful, then, to have an idea of when you can expect your service to go live. So how long does a broadband installation take?
Below, we’ve put together a quick list of our most common products, including broadband and telephone lines, alongside their standard lead times:
- For a new ADSL connection : 4 working days after we have placed your order.
- For a new FTTC connection: 5 – 10 working days after we have placed your order.
- To migrate an existing broadband connection to Beaming: 10 working days from the date we have placed your order.
- For a simultaneous provide of a new line and broadband : 10 working days after we have placed your order
- For a standard PSTN installation: 10 working days after we have placed your order.
- For a multiline installation: 10 working days after we have placed your order.
- For an ISDN2 or ISDN30 installation: 10 working days after we have placed your order.
- To transfer a telephone line to Beaming : 10 working days from the date we have placed your order.
Once an order is committed for any of the above, we can expedite the order for you for a one-off charge which will bring the date forward to at least 2 working days after the order has been placed.
- For a new fibre leased line: target lead time for the installation is 30 working days; however, this is subject to the works that are required following the survey and any traffic management that may be required.
Please note, these times offer a guideline only. The actual installation or activation dates will ultimately depend on engineer availability in the local area.
How long does it take to add a feature to an existing line?
Features such as Answer 1571, Call Waiting or Call Barring (among many more!) can be added easily and quickly to an existing telephone line.
For a single PSTN line, the feature can be available to use within an hour of the order being placed, depending on the feature required. To add a feature to an ISDN or a multiline will take slightly longer. Bear in mind that the Wholesale 1571 feature cannot be added to a multiline.
If you would like to take advantage of Beaming’s specialist network and expert service, bear in mind that you should contact us in good time before your current contract is up. Our highly trained staff will guide you through your installation or migration, and will set your expectations from the start.
Superfast broadband (FTTC)
- Beaming broadband has low contention rates so you get the speeds you pay for.
More about changing your ISP
What questions do you need to ask before you switch?
More connectivity news
UK businesses lost 60 million hours to internet downtime in 2018
Almost 60 million hours of working time were lost by UK businesses to internet outages last year. On average, UK businesses experienced two major outages & 16 hours of downtime each in 2018.
Small businesses hit hardest by £17bn cybercrime bill in 2018
Almost two thirds of UK companies employing between 10 and 49 people fell victim to some form of cybercrime last year.
£27bn of UK IT projects have stalled due to Brexit uncertainty
1.7 million UK businesses have put IT investments on hold due to Brexit.